"Inspiration is Everywhere"
Hi everyone, Tanyalee here for another Artist Gang Tuesday video tutorial. This week I am making an art journal spread using collage.
Here is a list of what I used:
- Art Journal - hand bound using French Link Stitch
- Mixed Media paper
- Golden Soft Gel Medium (https://www.donnadowney.com/products/soft-gel-matte-16-oz)
- Liquitex White Gesso (https://www.donnadowney.com/products/liquitex-gesso-32-oz)
- Daniel Smith Watercolours – Amazonite Genuine (https://www.donnadowney.com/products/daniel-smith-extra-fine-watercolor-15ml-tube-amazonite-genuine)
- Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylics – Titanium White, Muted Grey, Muted Green
- Liquitex Acrylic Ink – Carbon Black, Titanium White
- Golden High Flow Acrylic – Iridescent Pearl
- Donna Downey Stencil – Numbers (https://www.donnadowney.com/products/donna-downey-signature-stencils-numbers)
- Donna Downey Stencil - Mini Numbers (https://www.donnadowney.com/products/donna-downey-signature-stencils-mini-numbers-repeat)
- Donna Downey Stamp - Art and Possibility (https://www.donnadowney.com/products/art-and-possibility-stamp-set)
I love working in my art journal combining collage and paint. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Please share with me any pages you make, I am @tanyaleekahler on Instagram and would love to see your work.
Until next time, happy art making.
Get "Artist Gang" Updates
I'm Tanyalee and I am primarily a mixed media art journaler who is beginning to dabble in works on canvas. I have always been a creative type, starting with sketching cartoon characters as a young girl, right through to now where I work as Graphic Designer and Social Media Consultant. I strongly believe that everyone can make art and be creative, you just need to believe in yourself and follow your instincts. Getting messy with paint (and I mean messy - I LOVE to use my hands rather than brushes) is like therapy to me, when times are tough, I get stuck into my art journal. I look forward to sharing my work with you all in 2017.