Art Journal Ornaments with Nicole Austin
Hello and welcome to another Artist Gang Tuesday! This will be my last post for the 2018 Artist Gang. It has been such a pleasure to be part of the team! This week, I'll show you how to create this mixed media ornaments art journal page. I was inspired by the winter sky, snow, and bright lights and ornaments of this holiday season. I hope you're inspired to create something unique in your art journal! These techniques work well on cards, canvas and other surfaces, too!
- Dandelion Pods Donna Downey Signature Stencil
- Block Font Set Donna Doweny Signature Stencil
- Montana water based spray paint (white)
- Golden Acrylics (Cobalt Teal, Fluorescent Blue, Titanium White, Fluorescent Pink)
- Golden High Flow Acrylic (Titanium White)
- Daler Rowney FW Acrylic Ink (Fluorescent Blue)
- Spray Ink (navy or dark blue)
- Stabilo Marks-all pencils (black, graphite and white)
- Stabilo Woody 3-in-1 pencils (red, aqua, green)
- Liquitex Paint pen (15mm Cadmium Red Medium Hue)
- Foam alphabet stamps (various cling-foam Ranger brand stamps)
- Archival stamp ink & acrylic stamp blocks
- Tissue paper, collage paper, craft paper, etc.
- Mod Podge
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Baby Wipes
You can find more inspiration, workshops and more over at:
Or find me on Instagram:
Thanks again and happy creating!
Get "Artist Gang" Updates
I am a mixed media artist, designer and instructor from San Jose, CA (currently living in Tempe, AZ). I believe that everyone has a unique style and desire to create and that we are born curious and creative. Over the years, many of us are discouraged from following our creative urges but I believe it is never too late to begin (or begin again!). My art is messy, colorful, layered and fun. I have been drawn to the creative arts since I can remember. My first canvas was every surface in my grandma’s house: the walls, the books, underneath the marble coffee table in the dining room (she didn’t find out until years later)! These days, I love filling up pages in my art journal with bright colors and collage paper and if I can be outside on a picnic blanket in the grass--even better! I love inspiring others and cheering them on as they (re)discover their creative voice.