Find Out Fridays - Sandra Duran-Wilson
Supplies in my package
- Donna Downey Signature Stencil-small pods
- Golden High Flow Acrylic-Quinacridone Red
- Liquitex Paint Marker-aqua Green
- Sharpie Paint Marker-White extra fine poin
Additional supplies used
- Canson mixed media paper-I applied a coat of gesso
- Donna Downey stencil-large pod
- Golden High Flow Acrylics-Indigo (Anthraquinone Blue), Titan Buff, Quinacridone Gold and Payne’s Grey
- Golden Heavy Body Titanium White
- Holbein fluid acrylic Shell Pink
- Liquitex Pouring Medium
- Liquitex Light Modeling Paste
- Golden Soft Gel
- Deli sheet
- Water bottle
- Spray bottle of alcohol
- Krylon 18 K gold leafing pen
Get 'Find Out Friday' Updates
Sandra Duran Wilson is a mixed media artist and her work is influenced by sounds. She has synesthesia which is a crossing of the senses, so when she hears music she sees colors and numbers become songs.
Her work is influenced by abstract scientific concepts in physics, biology and chemistry. The pure fun of exploring what paint can do and her natural curiosity keeps the work fresh and lively. Her work is represented in the US and Australia and is found in many corporate, civic, and educational collections and in private collections worldwide.
She experiments, paints, writes and teaches at her studio in Santa Fe, NM, and teaches around the US, Europe and Australia. She is the author of six art technique books and several instructional DVDs.