Find Out Fridays with Kecia Deveney
- *kit provided by Donna Downey containing: water soluble red crayon, Goldens fluid gold, drywalltape and graphite/transfer paper
- *square block of DRY floral foam
- *4” round styrofoam ball
- *1/2” dowe
- l*half gallon, square/cardboard, milk container (not a plastic jug)
- *1/4 lb. of Aves apoxie clay (https://www.avesstudio.com/)
- *glass gems, marbles or small rocks to use as weight*tin foil*masking tape (good quality, not dollar store brand)
- * rebar wire (I use Weyerhaeuser 400 ft. 16.5-Gauge Rebar Tie Wire from Home Depot)
- * string -optional
- * acrylic paints (your choice of colors) and paintbrushes
- * paper napkins and mod podge glue - optional
Get 'Find Out Friday' Updates
Kecia Deveney is a published mixed media artist, instructor and world traveler,living at the Jersey Shore. As a Mixed Media Artist, her eclectic style can beseen in fabric and textiles, jewelry design, sculpture-work and painting.Creating is pivotal to Kecia and becomes, for her, art therapy. Her imaginationcomes to life and allows her temporary reprieve from her role as a full timecaregiver. Scouring flea markets, long forgotten treasures inspired her totransform them into something new, exciting and distinctive. Her work is aboutingenuity and playfulness.
As an educator, it is important to Kecia to teach her students to look beyondbeing perfect, to be more involved in the ongoing process of creating andleave insecurities behind. “Embrace the process, not the outcome” is herfavorite mantra to repeat in class; with enhancing confidence being theultimate achievement. Kecia’s workshops are taught through out the UnitedStates and also at international venues as well. She's been published in booksand national art magazines.
Always, on the go, her next travel adventures for 2017 includes hosting aguided cultural art excursion to Bali and an art residency program in Perth,Australia.